Japanese women are well known for their slim, healthy, and toned figures. While genetics almost certainly plays a role, many claim that their morning ritual may also be helping them stay healthier. Put simply, most Japanese women drink water immediately upon waking.
This ritual, now deeply rooted within Japanese culture, is actually a form of water treatment that’s scientifically proven to help remedy a number of body disorders. Unlike the U.S. and other western countries, Japan’s population does not suffer heavily from disorders such as obesity and diabetes. It stands to reason that we could learn a thing or two from their healthier lifestyles!
Why is Drinking Water So Important?
For a start, 70% of your body is made up of water, so it’s essential to keep it fresh and topped up to keep the body working properly. When the body’s water requirement is not met, it has a variety of negative short-term and long-term health consequences.
Long-term dehydration can lead to rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, angina, colitis, dyspepsia, hypertension, obesity, haemorrhoids, breast cancer, pulmonary tuberculosis, kidney stones, sinusitis, and uterine cancers!
Help your body to better avoid these conditions by drinking water after waking up and keeping your body hydrated throughout the day.
How Can I Perform Water Treatment?
This is a proven method for treating body disorders, menstrual disorders, and eye-related ailments. Also, you will feel invigorated the whole day after following this water treatment.
- Drink approximately 160 ml of water four times immediately after waking up, before brushing and on an empty stomach.
- Don’t eat anything for the next 45 minutes.
- Drink water at least 30 minutes before eating, but not during the following two hours after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- If you cannot drink four glasses of water on an empty stomach, then you can begin with one glass or as much as your body supports. You can gradually increase the intake of water till you reach the desired level of 640 ml.
When Can I Expect Results?
- Diabetes or high blood pressure patients: allow 30 days
- Suffers of constipation and Gastritis: allow 10 days
- TB patients: allow 90 days.
Key Benefits of Drinking Water on an Empty Stomach
1. Helps Rid the Body of Toxins
As you drink water, it naturally urges movement in your bowels. At night, your body repairs itself and casts out all the toxins in the body. When you drink water on an empty stomach in the morning, you will flush out these harmful toxins, leaving your body fresh and healthy. Drinking plenty of water can help in increasing the production of muscle cells and new blood cells.
2. Improves Metabolism
Drinking water on an empty stomach can increase your metabolic rate by at least 24%. It is very important for those people who are on a strict diet. An increased metabolic rate means an improved digestive system. You will be able to follow your diet routine more easily if you digest faster. Drinking water immediately after waking up purifies the colon, making it easier to absorb nutrients